NATURE OF WORK:
This is a highly skilled professional administrative position requiring the exercise of considerable initiative, independent judgment and the maintenance of confidential and sensitive information. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of advance assignments and special projects in support of Public Safety personnel and will support the Business Office through various administrative functions.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Monitors work schedules, compiles time records for employees and enters hours worked in Kronos and Banner for processing of biweekly payroll for administrators and Union employees.
- Maintains leave balances for employees of two Unions, including sick, vacation, personal and compensation time.
- Processes police reports daily using Automated Records Management System (ARMS).
- Collects, processes and maintains citation files.
- Performs all purchasing functions required within the department, orders supplies, and controls inventory.
- Prepares authorized payment reports and monitors office expenditures.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, reports, meetings minutes, etc.
- Prepares reports and statistical analysis in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and/or Power Point as requested by Business Manager.
- Manage and direct one student employee.
- Manages and distributes mail for the department.
- Receives, screens and refers all telephone calls to the Business Office.
- Oversees and manages internal work order requests for Facilities Management, Printing & Graphics and Mailing Services.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all office equipment including computers, phone systems, fax machines, and copy machine.
- Interfaces with students, parents, staff, and faculty in a professional and confidential manner.
- Assists the Business Manager with special projects and initiatives.
- Prepares and maintains confidential data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Works directly with the Business Manager to provide continuity in the management of day-to-day operations of the Public Safety Business Office.
- Performs related duties as assigned.