Pay Range: $41,132 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The College of Natural Resources (CNR) at the University of Idaho invites applications for a full-time administrative staff position to support and grow enrollments in master's degree programs including the MS-non-thesis in Environmental Science, the Master of Natural Resources, and the Professional Science Master's degree programs within the CNR. The responsibilities include providing advisory assistance for students on application and enrollment processes, academic policies and procedures, course selection, and program navigation. The Coordinator will serve as a liaison among students, faculty, and program Directors to facilitate continuous enhancement of these academic programs and the student experience.
- Masters degree in education, instructional design/technology, natural resources, environmental science or other relevant subjects by the time of application,
- At least one years work experience in instructional design/technology, graduate level advising, or distance education delivery or program management.
- Experience in education technology and computing skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills relevant to diverse audiences.
- Ability to analyze situations and resources to identify, recommend, implement, and evaluate optimal and efficient solutions.
- 3-5 years experience working with students enrolled in graduate-level distance education programs in natural resources.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and work effectively with diverse audiences (i.e., working professionals from state, local, and federal agencies and industries, individuals making career changes, non-governmental organizations, communities with diverse cultural perspectives), 3) interest and ability to identify and pursue opportunities for program enhancement and growth.
- Problem-solving skills that include a collaborative approach and adherence to shared governance models.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Must be able to lift and/or otherwise move up to 50 lbs, work some evenings and weekends, and travel.
Posting Number: SP002209P
Posting Date: 05/22/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: Position is open until filled. First consideration date is June 19, 2019.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.