Loyola University Maryland is searching for a Manager, Payroll Operations to serve in a leadership role over the payroll operations of the University. The Manager is responsible for all aspects of payroll internal controls and procedures, including developing and enforcing standards to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Direct daily operations of Payroll.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping up-to-date with existing and new related legislation; enforce adherence to requirements, advising supervisors and escalating issues to management as needed.
- Provide accurate processing of all benefit deductions, wage garnishments and levies and taxable benefits.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of data to external entities including regulatory agencies.
- Oversee payroll processing and administration for accurate completion of bi-weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Oversee quarterly and year-end payroll adjustments, W-2 filing and distribution. Oversee payroll escheatment process and report unclaimed wages annually to state agencies.
- Process employment tax payments. Ensure that the information is accurate and the University is in compliance.
- Provide support to the Controller's Office relating to payroll charges, funding and account reconciliations.
- Compile reports for periodic and annual audits, for both internal and external sources.
- Manage annual reporting for Workers Compensation Audit.
- Lead and implement projects associated with payroll operations to increase the University's efficiency, effectiveness, and competitiveness.
- Lead a customer service culture in Financial Services based on collaboration and continuous organizational learning.
- Serve as the primary University contact for all payroll-related questions.
- Collaborate with others to successfully resolve issues related to payroll transactions. Foster positive working relationship with the HR team and other partners.
- Identify training needs of end users; develop and provide necessary training.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Recommend and implement procedure and policy changes, system enhancements. Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees and staff job results by coaching, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, etc. Assist University management to ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans are robust and fully tested.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
The position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Finance and supervises the Payroll Coordinator.
Successful candidates for any staff, faculty, or administrative position at Loyola University Maryland will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Loyola University Maryland is a Jesuit, Catholic university committed to the educational and spiritual traditions of the Society of Jesus and to the ideals of liberal education and the development of the whole person. Accordingly, Loyola inspires students to learn, lead, and serve in a diverse and changing world. Loyola’s beautiful, historic Evergreen campus is located in Baltimore, and its graduate centers are in Timonium and Columbia. Loyola enrolls 4,000 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students across the Sellinger School of Business and Management, the School of Education, and Loyola College of Arts and Sciences. Founded in 1852, Loyola is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and the first to bear the name of Saint Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus.