Associate Extension Educator - Snr. Instructor, Soil Health
Location: Twin Falls
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $44,072.00
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: This position will be the local proponent of applying the results of soil health research to the benefit of individual producers, conservation organizations and the overall agricultural industry. The position is also expected to work closely with soil and water conservation districts to ensure that farmers and land managers are well informed and have the proper tools and knowledge to successfully build soil health on their farms. Major responsibilities include the development and testing of soil health curriculum that can be utilized by county Extension faculty across the state, in-person and/or webinar outreach events to disseminate soil health information, documentation of successful farmer-lead efforts to improve soil health and development of a regional repository of practical soil health knowledge that will be accessible to the public. Presentation of soil health educational materials at local, regional and national conferences as well as development of resources focused on soil health testing and interpretation.
- BS degree in soil science, agronomy or highly related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the soil health concept and soil science related research
- Knowledge of the Extension mission and system
- Excellent note and record keeping skills
- Interest in working as part of a team to develop educational materials
- Knowledge of lab safety protocols and ability to work safely in a lab
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operators license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles
- MS in soil science, agronomy or highly related field
- Experience working with a diversity of stakeholders
- Experience working on Extension curriculum and/or educational materials
- Experience managing budgets
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - This position may occasionally require working outside in various climatic conditions (hot, windy, rainy or cold). Driving to soil health workshops and to field sites is also required.
Posting Number: F000813P
Posting Date: 09/06/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by October 6, 2019. The position will remain open until a suitable applicant pool has been identified.In addition to your application, please be prepared to provide resume/CV, a letter of application, a list of references and transcripts (unofficial transcripts are allowed).For additional information contact: Jodi Johnson Maynard Search Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.